By purchasing a license Foot Care Nurse Educators, colleges, universities and health agencies can now use Foot Canada Training’s standardized and peer-reviewed curriculum!
The 3 year renewable license includes the curriculum and materials for the following courses and workshops.
- Onsite Clinical Foot Care Nurse Course
- Onsite Clinical Refresher Course
- Advanced Foot Care Nurse Skills Workshops
Canada’s most popular and trusted foot care nurse curriculum, the Foot Canada Training Curriculum uses the CAFCN National Competencies as Clinical Performance Standards and is compliant with the IPAC Canada Position Statement 2019, and is updated annually by our Nursing department.
Curriculum License FAQ Booklet
Check out our Curriculum License FAQ Booklet for more information.
All purchasers must be a Foot Care Nurse Educator or a College, University or Health Agency using a Foot Care Nurse Educator who meet the following criteria:
- Nursing License - Current and non-restricted Nursing Registration/License from a Canadian territory or province
- CAFCN Membership- Valid Canadian Association of Foot Care Nurses membership
- FCT’s Code of Conduct and Limitation to Practice as a Foot Care Nurse Policy.
- Educator’s Experience:
- Standard Curriculum License - $5000 + tax (3 year term) - 750 hours of nursing foot care practice in the past 5 years (Professional reference(s) will be required)
- Alumni Curriculum License - $2500 + tax (3 year term) - Successfully completed the Foot Canada Training Online Foot Care Nurse Theory and Educator courses within the past 5 years.
- Agreement: Sign a "Foot Care Nurse Curriculum Agreement" with Foot Canada Training.
Renewal: The license is currently renewable for $500/year after the initial term has expired.
Benefits of Purchasing the
Foot Canada Training Curriculum License
Independence (NOT A FRANCHISE)
- Licensed Education Providers will be independent of Foot Canada Training, providing courses and training according to their own schedules. No monthly fees, no student quotas, no minimum class sizes.
- Clinical education providers can use this license to teach at any location or on any digital platform. Curriculum materials available through an exclusive online, secure portal 24/7.
- The curriculum is provided as a guideline and is designed to be used to teach nurses in Canada. Clinical education providers may modify components of the different courses or modules to better reflect the particular requirements of their province, students or scope of practice.
Standardized & Reliable Curriculum
- The curriculum is based on the peer-reviewed Art & Science of Foot Care: A Clinical Resource for Nurses in Canada textbook, used by education providers across Canada.
- Licensees will be able to advertise that they are delivering the best, most up-to-date curriculum at all times! Foot Canada Training will perform annual updates to it's curriculum with assistance from their Education and Nursing departments, and their team of Specialty Advisors from across the country.
National Advertising Platform and Referral Opportunity
- A list of all Licensed Education Provider locations will be displayed on our website, including the link to the education provider’s website and contact details, making it easy for prospective students to find a licensed education provider teaching in their area.
- All agencies contacting Foot Canada Training to inquire about hiring an Educator to teach on-site will be referred to this list.
Regulatory Body Rules & Regulations - Note that some regulatory bodies have rules and regulations in place specific to Foot Care Nurse Educators and Education. Please contact your province or territory's nursing regulatory bodies for more information before purchasing this license.