- Nursing Education Initiative (NEI)
Offered through RNAO and RPNAO. Many of our Ontario-based students have received up to $1,500.00 in funds from this initiative. Note that not all students receive the same amount and it is our understanding that funds do get depleted throughout the year. Please visit the NEI page of the RNAO/RPNAO websites to apply and for more information on the funding and application process.
- Registered Nurses Foundation of Ontario
In 2017, $94,000.00 in awards and scholarships will be made available to RN's and RPN's who wish to continue their studies. Please visit the RNFOO website for a detailed list of available awards and scholarships, as well as applicable deadlines.
- Member Education Bursary
This Member Education Bursary is offered by the BC Nurse Union. This fund is open to all union members, including employed student nurses. Please visit the BC Nurse Union website for more information and to apply.
- Training Fee Support
Training Fee Support is offered through the Columbia Basin Trust. This program pays up to $800 towards tuition for a short-term course if the training will help secure immediate employment. Please visit the Columbia Basin Trust website for details.
- Medavie Blue Cross
Foot Canada Training has been approved as an educational institute by Medavie Blue Cross, which is the insurance provider for Veteran's Affairs. Training from an approved institution is required for Foot Care Nurses interested in treating veterans who want to have the cost of their treatment covered by the Veteran's Affairs insurance provider.
- Local, Provincial and Territory Agencies and Associations
Nurses from different communities, provinces and territories have reported being entitled to up to $2500 in subsidies to attend our courses. Check your local community, province or territory agencies for more details. For example, some students have received funding from their employers, nursing associations, First Nations community, agricultural subsidies, Veterans Affairs and the Blue Cross Program as applicable to their circumstance.
- FCN Theory Tuition Discount for Returning Students and Experienced Foot Care Nurses
The Canadian Association of Foot Care Nurses (CAFCN) is developing educational standards and a certification process. In order to promote continuing competencies of acquired knowledge and skills and help Foot Care Nurses prepare for certification, Foot Canada Training is currently offering the discounted tuition rate of $250 + tax to FCN Theory applicants meeting one or more of the following criteria:
- Graduate of Foot Canada Training's FCN course (2007 or later)
- Returning student to Foot Canada Training's FCN course (2007 or later)
- Graduate of Foot Canada Training's FCNEd course (2012 or later)
- Experienced Foot Care Nurse - Required to have a valid CAFCN membership AND have practiced as a nurse for the last 2-5 years AND have a minimum of 750 nursing foot care practice hours within this timeframe.
Applicants wishing to be considered for this discount must submit their FCN Theory Course Application, as well as any all required supporting documents* prior to the early bird deadline.
*Experienced Foot Care Nurse Supporting Documents
1. Professional Reference - If wanting to be considered for this discount on the basis of being an experienced Foot Care Nurse, applicants are required to have practiced as a nurse for the last 2-5 years AND have a minimum of 750 nursing foot care practice hours within this timeframe. Applicants must have an employer or foot care health professional complete the Professional Reference form to confirm that applicant has met this experience prerequisite.
The applicant may have more than one professional reference complete this form if each reference can only validate a portion of the total years of nursing experience or total hours of nursing foot care required. For example, if 300 hours are completed with one employer and 450 hours are completed with another, both employers will need to complete this form for the hours they are able to confirm. The total hours of both references would then be used to validate the applicant has met the prerequisite.
2. CAFCN Membership - Applicants must also email an electronic copy of their valid CAFCN membership card and/or membership purchase receipt showing current registration to email@example.com on the same day they submit their FCN Theory Course Application. The email subject line must contain the last and first name of the applicant and be formulated as follows: LAST, FIRST - CAFCN Membership.
Both the professional reference and the CAFCN membership card/receipt must be submitted for the FCN Theory Course Application to be processed.
- FCN PREC and FCNEd Returning Student Discount
- Student having previously registered for the FCN PREC and FCNEd courses (2019 or later) are eligible to register again for the discounted tuition rate of $250 + tax.