Online Foot Care Nurse Educator Course
The Online Foot Care Nurse Educator (FCNEd) course introduces the basics of adult learning theory (including assessment and teaching principles) and explores the practical skills necessary to teach a Foot Care Nurse course - lesson planning, presentation methods and technology, as well as health and safety. The curriculum integrates current Best Practice Guidelines and evidence-based practices, including the Canadian Association of Foot Care Nurses’ National Competencies for Advanced Nursing Foot Care in Canada (2017) and the WHO Nurse Educator Core Competencies (2016).
The FCNEd course is offered online and consists of six sections, each including an Assignment and a multiple-choice Quiz. It is estimated that each section, including the required reading, Assignment and Quiz, takes 7-10 hours to complete. The course also includes a final project, which is estimated to take 40 hours to complete.
The FCNEd course is to be completed at the student’s own pace. However, the Sections are to be completed in the order provided.
Prior to registering for the FCNEd course, all prospective students are encouraged to read the FCNEd Course Outline for information on course prerequisites and complete course details.
- be a licensed Canadian nurse
- have no restrictions on their nursing license
- have completed a Canadian FCN course that provides a certificate of completion within the past 5 years (must have completed in 2016-2021)
- have been practicing as an Advanced Foot Care Nurses as per the 2017 CAFCN National Competencies
- have practiced at least 750 hrs as a FCN in the last 5 years
- completed a FCN course(s) equaling over 40 hours (Theory and Clinical combined) that included practical use of single-use sterile instruments and medical reprocessing for sterilizing foot care instruments with use of autoclaves
- Tuition = $1160 (taxes included)
- Returning FCNEd Student Tuition = 50% discount
Note that some regulatory bodies have rules and regulations in place specific to what qualifications are required teach nursing foot care, what designation of nurses that Educator may teach and what curriculum can be used. Please contact your province or territory's nursing regulatory bodies for more information before registering for this course, to ensure this is the right fit for you.